Friday, March 8, 2013

Superstar

A week ago I did something new and somewhat crazy. But we'll worth it. And I will be doing it again. I cooked all day. And I cooked a lot of meals. And now I have a full freezer. It all started with seeing a lot of posts on Pinterest about freezer cooking. My Mom did this all through my growing up years, and I decided to try it myself. I called my Mom for some advice and started putting together the recipes I would use. On Tuesday of last week, I got together with a girl from my ward to plan together (I had someone do this with me so that I wouldn't back out). Wednesday, I made sure my menu was complete and put together a shopping list. Thursday, I cooked the first of the meat I was making in the crockpot (Cafe Rio copy cat Chicken) and went through my grocery list to see what I already had. And then Friday it started. Friday was shopping day. After going to both Costco and Smiths, I came home with my load.



Crazy right? Look at that load. I spent more than I should have, but I'll get better at this as we go. The Saturday morning it started. I started by scrubbing my kitchen so that it was ready for the start and the girl from my ward came over with her load. After trying to figure out where to begin, we got started. I labeled some ziplock bags and started chopping. It was not too bad. Some recipes I doubled, most I just used the single recipe because with the two of us, it's enough to make 2 meals. At the end of the day my feet hurt, but I felt very accomplished. With a full freezer.


All in all I made 25 meals. They were:

2 Rogo (family recipe, delicious)
2 Crockpot lasagna
2 baked ziti
2 barbecue chicken
2 teriyaki chicken
2 Ambers (Italian) chicken
2 cafe rio copycat chicken
2 chile Colorado beef
2 meatloaf
2 cauliflower soup
2 enchiladas
2 creamed chicken tacos
1 roast

I laid out the meals throughout the month. We should have meals for the entire month with 4 leftover. And that's if we stick to the calendar exactly, we may end up with more leftovers than I planned on and need to push back the meals a bit. I'm pretty excited about this! So far the meals we've had have all been delicious! Most of the meals I used were from my normal cooking recipes (or my moms) but others were from Pinterest. They've all been great! We'll see how it ends up by the end of the month.

In other news, I finally bought a belt today, my pants are starting to fall off in a bad way. And I don't want to buy new pant until I'm done losing weight. But I'm half way there! Over 15 pounds lost! Here is to 15 more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment