Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Spirit of God

I love General Conference.  There are many different reasons, mostly for the light it brings to my life, but also because it brings people together.  This General Conference weekend was no exception.  A few years ago, in my single years, I started a tradition.  In between the Sunday sessions of General Conference, I would hold a crepe party.  The concept was simple, my house provided the crepes, and all the guests would bring toppings.  Throughout my years at BYU, there were 7 crepe parties at my apartments. They were a huge success, at it's largest, 200+ people came.  People would stay for conference and fun was had all around. Due to some life circumstances, I stopped having crepe parties.

This year, a couple of my old roommates and dear friends decided it was time for them to throw a crepe party.  They invited me to come and reprise my old roll.  I was able to go and cook crepes! I loved it! The crepes were delicious.

Doesn't that look good?

Jordan loved it too!

Later that night we headed up north to my aunts house for a barbeque.  We had a lot of fun with all the cousins and enjoyed great company!

Torree enjoying her food.

Malika getting some tater tots.

Marlee eating an apple she picked from the tree. 

All in all, it was a great General Conference weekend.  We loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment