Sunday, September 16, 2012

That's What I Love About Sunday

Sunday's are the best.  Seriously.  Today was no different.  We started off the day with a Regional Stake Conference with Elder Oakes presiding and speaking. It was amazing.  Such great speakers, and definitely topics that were a blessing to hear today! It was for all of Utah County and 146 stakes were in attendance via broadcast.  That's amazing.  One of the speakers commented that he remembers at a conference 56 years ago when they announced that there were 200 stakes in the Church.  Insane to think how much the Church is growing!

After Stake Conference I partook in a much needed nap (I was pretty grumpy, I worked late last night).  But then my brother Preston came over for dinner and a bike ride! We all went together for a ride on the Provo River Trail.  It was an adventure, that's for sure.  After a bumpy start (handlebars coming lose, bike seat malfunctions, crashing into a wall, don't worry no one was hurt) we had a very pleasant ride that we plan on doing again.  

The three of us on our bike ride.

Later that night, I cut Jordan's hair.  I've been putting it off for weeks when he's been asking because I'm not very good.  We bought clippers a while ago as a money saving technique, however the problem is, I kind of suck at cutting his hair.  I have a friend who cuts hair and he was going to teach me some tricks, however our schedules have never matched up, so I finally gave in and just cut Jordan's hair tonight.  I decided to try a few new things tonight to see if I could do a better cut than just buzzing it. Fail.  It ended up buzzed again.  He's happy though.

See how happy he is to have it short?
 

I am really bad at getting straight lines.  We'll keep practicing though.

All the hair after.  There was a lot.

 I should have taken pictures all the way through.  There were some pretty funny looks in the middle of the cut when I would try something and it would be hilarious looking.  However, I didn't think about it until after the fact.  Besides being super itchy now from his hair, it's been an excellent Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment