Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Eye of the Tiger

I've decided to renew my efforts at an old goal. So I am starting a fresh. Since my wedding a year and a half ago, I have put on about 20 pounds. This is hard for me to swallow. I don't feel like I am doing anything different than I was before but the weight keeps packing on. And I don't like it one bit. So I'm going to do something about it. I have a gym membership that I have been using fairly regularly, but now I plan to go as close to daily as I can (tonight I had a commitment with scouts, so I couldn't go tonight, but last night I did some pretty serious working out at the gym.

I have also joined weight watchers online to track food consumption and be better about what I eat. I am sticking to it. My goal is 30 pounds weight loss. I don't do well if I am not accountable, and being accountable to myself isn't good enough, I lose the motivation and come up with excuses. So I am going to use this blog for accountability. And encouragement you can give would be delightful. I'll blog any progress weekly on Tuesdays. I am looking forward to the change this will hopefully being permanently bringing to my life. I am ready for it!

5 comments:

  1. You look great now! But you can do it. Try not to think in months or weeks, just focus on the day. It will make it easier and not so overwhelming. If you're the type of person who can do this give yourself at least one "bad" day because you are human. The last thing is dont beat yourself up. If you have a bad week just realize that you have the next day to try and get things right. (Sorry I just have done this a lot. I gained 20 lbs after Eric and i got married too and the weight i gained with trent so i can understand.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Kara! I wake up at 5:15 every morning and work out and I love it. I am not much of a morning person and believe me it's still hard to get up in the mornings but it gets a lot easier over time. The only thing I think of when I lay in my bed in the morning is "you will hate yourself this afternoon if you don't get up and go". That usually motivates me to get up haha. I'm excited to hear about your progress. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Kara! I'm a strong believer in a large breakfast, medium lunch, small dinner, extra small dessert (every day!), and lots of water. Food is fuel, right? So fill up your tank when you need it most, go to bed just a little hungry, and you'll wake up feeling great. Rooting for ya!



    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kara! Just wanted to let you know that because of you Britney started a new jogging goal for December - jog every day except Sundays. And I joined in with her! So I've done 3 days so far and did 2 miles each day. It's been great. So thanks for motivating me and her and I hope things are going well for you too!!

    ReplyDelete