Saturday, November 17, 2012

We Didn't Start The Fire

One year ago today was the fire. We had a massive fire in our parking garage. Thankfully, there was no such fire last night in our garage (not that I thought there would be). Because of the year mark, my memory has been returning the to all the things I've learned in the last year. Here is a list of things in case of fire in my life again:

1. Always grab shoes. It's cold out there. Especially barefoot.
2. Grab a cell phone. It's impossible to make a phone call without a cell phone.
3. Grab keys (Jordan was good and did grab these, but I lost my head).

I am very grateful for where we live. This is a great place. In the year since the fire, our apartment has been professionally cleaned 3 times, carpets cleaned, air ducts cleaned, and our entire bathroom redone. Our landlord is so great to work with. We love our little place and will be here as long as we are in Provo. One little fluke of a fire didn't scare us away. This place is too good to allow that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment